The Falcon Awards for Disease Elimination
We are excited to announce the launch of our inaugural Falcon Awards for Disease Elimination to help advance the elimination of malaria, polio, lymphatic filariasis, and onchocerciasis.
We will award up to five grants of up to US$200,000 each to organisations based in endemic countries. Awards will be given to talented groups whose project proposals demonstrate a high potential to expand and amplify effective solutions in disease elimination and create a lasting impact around our current diseases of focus. We look forward to reviewing your submissions and supporting the five winners by providing technical advice and advocacy support through publicising the winning proposals and their respective milestones.
We are keen to receive applications from organisations based in malaria, polio, lymphatic filariasis, and onchocerciasis-endemic countries. Applications must come from an organisation or organised entity.
The following entities are eligible to apply:
- Public, or private sector institutions
- Non-Governmental Organisations, philanthropic foundations and Coalitions or networks of Civil Society Organisations
- Public-Private Partnerships
- National or regional academic or research institutions
- Other interested parties with strong demonstrated experience in at least one of the defined disease areas
Organisations are welcome to submit more than one project.
- Phase 1: Applicants from endemic countries will submit their abstracts which outline their innovative solutions to disease elimination.
- Phase 2: The top 30 candidates selected for the second round will be requested to fill out a more detailed application.
- Phase 3: GLIDE will establish a list of ten finalists who will be asked to submit presentations detailing their innovative solutions, which will be broadcast on social media and on GLIDE's website.
- Phase 4: The jury panel, made up of esteemed global health leaders, will select up to five winners.