NIHR Global Research Professorships
The NIHR Global Health Research Professorships are 5-year personal awards, open to researchers and methodologists across all professional backgrounds within health, public health and social care.
Candidates will have an outstanding record of relevant research and its translation for improved health and welfare of people in low and middle income countries.
The award provides an extensive support package alongside the professorship, to include support posts, research costs and a leadership and development programme.
Candidates must demonstrate they are:
- on a steep career trajectory to become a global health research leader
- conducting applied research that is eligible for UK Official Development Assistance (ODA)
- committed to strengthening research capacity in global health
Applicants must be nominated by the higher education institution (HEI) or research institute in which they are employed. The following HEIs or research institutes are eligible:
- HEIs and research institutes in low and middle income countries which are already partners in:
- NIHR-funded Global Health Research funded units and groups
- NIHR-funded Global Health Policy and Systems Research (GHPSR) programmes
- NIHR-funded Research and Innovation for Global Health Transformation (RIGHT) programmes
- Existing NIHR Global Research Professorships
- HEIs across the UK, which may include relevant partner organisations in low and middle income countries in their application.
Applications must be submitted via the online NIHR Academy Research Award Management System (ARAMIS). Prospective applicants must register on the award management system before starting their application.