Driver and Administrative Assistant
Sightsavers are recruiting an experienced Driver and Administrative Assistant to transport office staff, consultants and visitors to and from Sightsavers sites as part of the Accelerate programme. They will also provide administrative tasks to help support the efficient operation of the office.
About the role
- Ensure safe driving, adhering to the laws of Nigeria with respect to other road users and pedestrians
- Acting as a driver for staff in the performance of their duties
- Occasionally transporting staff to and from the airport
- Vehicle maintenance & small repairs, tyres, oil, cleanliness, logbooks
- Check vehicles have required emergency equipment, reflectors, First Aid kits, fire extinguishers, replenish where necessary
- Secure vehicles with locks/alarms
- Recording all vehicle maintenance logs, replacement of tyres, oil, batteries
- Obtain foreign currencies for staff who travel
- Payment of legal charges
- Maintain liaison with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visas and renewal of passports and work permits.
- Assist in picking up invoices for procuring logistics.
- Assist with the organisation of various office events (seminar, plenaries, meetings, workshops, Away Days etc)
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and filing as and when required.
Job holder requirements
- Full clean driver’s licence held for two years plus
- Defensive driving certification and experience
- Basic Education Certificate (BECE) BEPCs
- Trade Test Certificate
- 3-5 years driving experience
- Experience with working with NGOs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word intermediate level
- Good attention to detail
- Fluency in French both written and spoken
- Basic spoken English
- Good understanding of interpersonal and intercultural relationships
- Active listening
The Driver and Administrative Assistant is a varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 14 January 2022
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 24 January 2022. This will include driving test lasting up to an hour and an interview lasting up to an hour at the Abuja office, to be conducted over different days.