Senior Program Manager, Integrated Care
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. The Global Health Division (GHD) currently has a staff of over 400 and works in over 25 countries. GHD implements broad-based programs in health systems strengthening, infectious diseases, neglected tropical diseases, and non-communicable diseases.
RTI’s Global Health Division is seeking Senior Program Manager, Integrated Care to provide technical and programmatic support and help RTI to successfully expand its existing programming in maternal and child health, reproductive health and family planning, and integrated service delivery.
As a member of the Reproductive, Maternal, Child Health (RMCH)/Family Planning (FP) and Service Delivery (SD) Practice Area, the position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth in and contribution to areas including:
- Business and proposal development to support growth and impact of the practice area.
- Provision of technical support and assistance in service delivery, strengthening LMICs’ strategies and policies, as well as national and sub-national planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Donor-funded program management and implementation.
The position will report to the Integrated Care/ RMNCH Practice Leader. It would be based in Washington, DC or the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (RTI headquarters) or teleworking within the U.S. The position will be expected to travel internationally up to 30% of the time when COVID restrictions are lifted.
Business Development and Growth (60%)
- Manage the conceptualization and development of proposals, concept notes, and expressions of interest for global health opportunities.
- Conduct capture, partner identification and development, and other business development activities for global health opportunities.
- Lead the design and methodology development aligned with health systems and integrated service delivery best practices.
- Serve as a lead or contributing writer on global health proposals, concept notes and expressions of interest.
Technical Assistance and Project Management (40%)
- Provide technical assistance to global health projects, including field-based short-term technical assistance.
- Contribute to the development and adaptation of existing technical approaches and tools.
- Manage learning around public health preparedness programming, approaches, and best practices.
- Write and provide technical contributions to articles, blogs, and presentations to USAID, clients, and peer organizations.
- Manage complex donor-funded integrated care and RMNCH projects, including oversight of project reports, budgets, and M&E plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, economics, political science, international relations, or related field with a minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience; or master’s degree in public administration, public health, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience performing business/proposal development roles for USAID-funded opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience managing global health projects funded by USAID, CDC, or other key donors in the international development sector.
- Experience working in one or more health technical areas in LMIC-context: maternal and child health; reproductive health and family planning; or integrated health service delivery.
- Demonstrated short- or long-term experience working in developing country contexts on issues relating to clinical service delivery, community health, or health systems strengthening.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience supporting project management and administration for USG-funded programming.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and/or Spanish preferred.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here. RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org. For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here. For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
Hiring Salary Range