Banking and Treasury Analyst
Sightsavers are looking to recruit an experienced Banking and Treasury Analyst to join their international Treasury team.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Contract: Two-year fixed term contract with possibility of extension
Location: Sightsavers Programmatic Countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia in particular but flexible) please see below
The Banking and Treasury Analyst position will pay an active role in organisational strategy through the provision of expert Treasury Administration It will involve global bank account management, global bank portal management and bank mandate management. The post holder will also be responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure that management, accounting and reporting requirements are met.
About the role
Key duties will include:
- global bank account management to include opening, closing and amending accounts
- global bank portal management
- bank mandate management using the Kyriba TMS Bank Management Module
- updating and recording all electronic portal bank accounts, users, roles and responsibilities
- regular reviews of all bank account management information
- assisting the Head of Treasury in maintaining Banking partner relationships and reviewing for best practices and improvements
- Responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure accurate and timely recording of purchases, disposals, realised and unrealised gain and losses to produce SUN accounting journals
- analysing the investment portfolio and producing treasury management reports for monthly Management Account Reporting and quarterly Investment Committee meetings.
- assisting the Head of Treasury in ad hoc Treasury analysis
- filing and audit preparation in respect of all of the above.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent experience, possibly working towards a treasury management qualification.
- Substantial work experience in finance and banking
- Experience of working in a Treasury environment.
- INGO experience (ideal)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with banks in Africa would be of particular interest as would be familiarity with the specific documentation and usage of Global multi bank electronic portals
To succeed in the role, you will also possess:
- a high level of administrative skills especially in banking systems and associated accounting
- advanced Excel
- demonstrable reconciliation capability
- strong organisational skills with an appreciation of meeting deadlines
- a willingness to develop in depth finance systems skills and knowledge
- a logical approach to problem solving and process re-design
- strong attention to detail to ensure integrity of data provided to banks and external providers.
- ability to support other members of staff through issue resolution, training and support
- engagement and negotiation skills to resolve issues and agree processes that work for the benefit of the Sightsavers Country Office teams.
- ability to engage with Sightsavers senior stakeholders in the absence of the Head of Treasury
This is an involved role, please read the full job description.
There is flexibility around the location of this role, so applications are invited from outside the UK, wherever Sightsavers holds an office presence. Consideration would be given for limits in the following countries: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, UAE, USA, Australia and Yemen.
Please note local terms and conditions apply to non-UK locations and approximate salaries can be confirmed prior to interview.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. We anticipate that remote interviews, including a short Excel-based task, will take place by the end of June 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.