Clinical Data Manager
The Clinical Trials Support Group (CTSG) is a group that supports researchers by assisting with protocol development, ethics applications, quality monitoring, training, data management, statistical analyses and other administrative support.
Project Background: ACORN, A Clinically Oriented antimicrobial Resistance Network, is a multi-country human health antimicrobial resistance (AMR) project. The aim of the project is to collect prospective clinical and laboratory data from a range of hospitals in low- and middle-income countries across Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam) and Africa (Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Indonesia) to better understand the burden and impacts of AMR. Surveillance will be efficient and is designed to provide locally useful data summaries, as well being of value for national and international surveillance systems such as WHO GLASS. The intention is for the surveillance to become embedded within routine clinical practice, rather than be an add-on “project” of limited local benefit. Responsibilities:
- Develop data collection tools, such as case report forms and questionnaires in accordance with the study protocol.
- Coordinate with Investigators and other personnel to identify data collection requirements for each project
- Write data management SOPs and project-specific data management plans and Work Instructions.
- Ensure data quality by developing edit checks and QA reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data collected.
- Provide support to study sites through training and site visits, as required.
Data System Management
- Design the study database with linkage to other databases and data sources, as required
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
- Define and implement methodology for integration of datasets when necessary
- Maintain close working relationship with software vendor(s) where applicable
- Generate datasets and reports to support research services, administrative and clinical decision-making, and external/internal reporting, when required.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Degree in a Computing discipline, Biomedical sciences or commensurate experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in data management, analysis and/or database management with solid, demonstrable understanding of databases and data structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Creative in problem-solving with great attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and interest in applying latest computing technologies
- Ability to travel when required
- Demonstrated ability to program with statistical software such as Stata or R
- Sound programming skills (e.g. PHP, .NET, SQL, Python)
- Experience in data collection using mobile devices
- Experience working in a research or health care setting
To apply for this position please send your detail resume to Head of Data Management, Dr Naomi Waithira