Programme Manager - Trachoma
Sightsavers is looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Programme Manager – Trachoma to work on the successful delivery of our trachoma elimination programmes
Salary: £43,000 per annum
Location: UK remote - with occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when possible
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
As part of our mission to protect sight, Sightsavers works to treat and prevent neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), a group of infections such as blinding trachoma, which affect more than a billion people worldwide.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to ensure the successful delivery of various trachoma elimination programmes funded through unrestricted and other grants, making a significant contribution to the elimination of blinding trachoma. This role will also support business development initiatives.
A major part of this role will be programme delivery. Key duties will include:
- Ensuring the accurate project and annual planning and budgeting of grant funded programmes
- Ensuring Risk Assessment and Mitigation Actions (RAMA) requirements are supported
- Ensuring countries’ alignment to trachoma related preferred practices
- Supporting assigned countries with their dossier preparation
- Working with and through the in-country partners to oversee project management of all SAFE implementation aspects of the programme in assigned countries
- Closely monitoring progress and collating and disseminating project progress, providing project reporting
- In coordination with other teams and stakeholders, monitoring budgets and ensuring that agreements, due diligence reports, individual country and consolidated log frames are maintained
- Working closely with the Accelerate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team on monitoring and evaluation of the programme
The Programme Manager will also provide support for the development of new proposals including working with the Institutional Fundraising and Trusts teams. This is an involved role, please read the job description for full details.
This is an ideal opportunity to build upon your previous programme/ project management experience. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- a degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- extensive experience in programme/ project management in the private, humanitarian or development sectors
- the ability to work collaboratively and build stakeholder consensus
- the ability to identify key risks, problem solve and rapidly escalate critical issues
- good analytical and IT skills
- an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for persons with disabilities
The following would also be advantageous but are not essential:
- A detailed understanding of all trachoma related preferred practices
- French/Portuguese language
- Experience in developing country contexts
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
In addition to our modern, collaborative offices being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW)
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in late January/ early February 2022 and the evaluation process will include a presentation to be prepared by shortlisted candidates in advance of this.