Title: Research Coordinator, Inclusive Education
Location: Liberia Contract: Fixed Term Contract 1 year (Please note that this post is subject to contract finalisation) Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Purpose of role
Sightsavers are recruiting a Research Coordinator, Inclusive Education (IE) to lead and provide technical support for a research study on inclusive education in Liberia. The study will be a community-based survey of disability and participation in education among school-aged children. The role will be based in Liberia working with Sightsavers’ global Research team and Liberia Country Office, and Liberian Government agencies, including the Institute of Statistics and Geo-Information Services (LISGIS), and Ministry of Education, and Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs)
About the role of Research Coordinator
- Working with multiple non-governmental and governmental stakeholders to agree detailed study objectives and methods; to develop the study protocol and tools; to obtain ethical and administrative approvals appropriate to the local context.
- Liaising with the Liberian Institute of Statistics and Geo-Information Services (LISGIS), Ministry of Education, and research team to develop fieldwork procedures and plans, and a training package and materials for fieldworkers.
- Coordinating and implementing data collection, including fieldworker supervision and quality control of collected data.
- Reviewing and managing the quality of data to ensure a complete and accurate dataset for analysis.
- Supporting with data cleaning and analysis processes.
- Setting-up processes and leading on the communication and dissemination of research findings.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Statistics/Epidemiology/Education, or similar field.
- Significant experience coordinating community-based surveys focusing on health, education, and/or disability in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Understanding of research governance and ethical principles particularly in relation to research with children and vulnerable people.
- Experience in developing research protocols and survey tools.
- Experience in submitting research protocols to ethical review bodies and navigating ethical and administrative review processes.
- Good experience of quantitative survey methods, including digital data collection and management.
- Knowledge of disability measurement tools, such as Washington Group questions and the UNICEF/ Washington Group Child Functioning Module.
- Strong statistical analysis skills.
- Experience working with governmental and non-governmental partners and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Candidates should have the right to work in Liberia
The Research Coordinator, Inclusive Education is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 26 November 2021
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 6 December 2021
As an equal opportunity employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply